Skip navigation - Jump to main content
Visiting International Professional Scholar
- Title: Visiting International Professional Scholar
- Job Class Code: 0436
- Service Period: 0-12 months
- Limitations on Appointment: cannot hold appointment with a 99/99/9999 end date.
- Length of Appointment Term:
up to six months
- Eligible for Tenure: No
- Voting Rights: No
- Allowed earn types: C/A
- Salary Requirements: may receive salary
- Full-time / Part-time: not specified
- Promotable: No
- Search Required: No
- Required Approvals: International Scholars Operations (ISO), International Programs and Exchanges (IPE)
New Appointment Details
- Educational/Experience Details: This title is to be used for students or professionals who participate in sponsored programs that provide a predetermined educational objective:
- are engaged in professional practice
- engaged "full time" in a prescribed course of scholarly research or training at the UW
- will not be matriculated students at the UW
- will receive adequate financial support for their program from the UW or appropriate funding organization
- Documentation Required:
- AHR must be in receipt of an email approval from ISO and IPE regarding details of the activity of the VIP(P)S candidate.
- No AHR approval required.
- Emeritus Eligibility: not eligible for emeritus status
- Separation action needs to be entered in OPUS.