Skip navigation - Jump to main content
Senior Artist in Residence
- Title: Senior Artist in Residence
- Job Class Code: 0181
- Service Period: 9 or 12 months
- Limitations on Appointment: This is an instructional title that may be conferred on persons who have special instructional roles and who have extensive training, competence and experience in their discipline
- Length of Appointment: May be an annual or multiple year contract for the term of 1-5 years.
- Eligible for Tenure: No
- Voting rights: Yes, only with a full-time appointment
- Allowable Earn Types: REG, PDR, LWO, S/L, MLP, SUM, ENS, ADS, TPS, E/C
- WOS may only be used for an unpaid joint appointment
- Salary Requirements: Must meet University minimum
- Full-time/Part-time: Both
- Promotable: No
- National Search Required: No, for single year appointment. Yes, for multiple year appointments.
- Required Approvals: AHR approval required prior to OPUS entry
New Appointment Details
- Educational/Experience Requirements: This is an instructional title that may be conferred on persons who have special instructional roles and who have extensive training, competence and experience in their discipline
- Documentation Required:
- Original Dean/Chancellor's letter to President recommending appointment should include:
- Start date and service period
- Original Chair/Director's letter to Dean/Chancellor recommending appointment should include:
- Original offer letter
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae
- UW biography form, signed
- Academic Human Resources Ad Approval Notice*
- Copy of job advertisement*
- Applicant Flow Confirmation Page*
- Visa documents, if applicable
- Background check documents, if applicable
- * only required if a National Search is conducted
- The reappointment decision must be made in the last year of the appointment, six months (or in the case of an initial annual appointment, three months) before the appointment expiration date.
- To recommend the reappointment of an annual appointee to a multi-year term, a national search must be conducted or a search waiver obtained.
- Emeritus Eligibility: No
- Senior Artists in Residence should provide a letter of resignation, prior to the end of their appointment, when they leave the University of Washington.
- Separation action needs to be entered in OPUS.