Skip navigation - Jump to main content
- Title: Principal Lecturer
- Job Class Code: 0180
- Service Period: 9 or 12 months
- Limitations on Appointment: Promotional title only, may not appoint initially to this title
- Length of Appointment: May be on a annual or multiple year contract
- Eligible for tenure: No
- Voting rights: Yes, only with a full-time appointment
- Earn types: REG, SUM, PDR, WOS, LWO, S/L, E/C, TPS, MLP, PLP, ADS, ENS
- Salary Requirements: Must meet University minimum
- Full-time/Part-time: Both
- Promotable Title: No
- National Search Required: No
- Required Approvals: AHR approval required for OPUS entry
New Appointment Details
- Promotional title only, may not appoint initially to this title
- Not a promotable title. This position promotes from Senior Lecturer.
- May be reappointed indefinitely
- The reappointment decision must be made in the last year of appointment, six months (or in the case of an initial annual appointment, three months) before the appointment expiration date.
- To recommend reappointment of an annual appointee to a multi-year term, a national search must be conducted or a search waiver obtained.
- Emeritus Eligibility: Yes
- A faculty member has a professional obligation to give a written notice of resignation at the earliest possible opportunity. Normally such resignations should be given at least three months prior to the termination date, or within 15 days of notification of terms of a reappointment, whichever occurs later, and usually become effective at the end of an academic year.
- The unit should attempt to obtain such a letter with a statement from the faculty member indicating the name and address of next employer.
- Separation action needs to be entered in OPUS