Skip navigation - Jump to main content
- Title: Librarian Emeritus
- Job Class Code: 0204
- Service Period: 12 months
- Limitations on Appointment: The emeritus appointment may be recommended by the University Libraries for a retired librarian whose professional performance and achievements have been meritorious. The normal criteria for appointment with the emeritus title are at least ten years of prior service as a member of the University Libraries and achievement of the rank of Librarian or Associate Librarian.
- Length of Appointment: This is a lifelong appointment
- Eligible for Tenure: No
- Voting Rights: no
- Earn types allowed: WOS, TFA, TEC
- Salary requirements: Salary will remain at rate held on retirement date unless a mandated cost-of-living increase takes place.
- Full-time/Part-time: Both
- Promotable title: No
- Competitive Recruitment Required: No
- Required Approvals:
- Dean of University Libraries
New Appointment Details
- Educational Requirements: See Librarian
- Documentation Required:
- Dean’s letter
- Once the copy of the letter is received in Academic Human Resources the retirement can then be entered into OPUS. The OPUS entry must include a WOS earn type distribution line if not being paid.
- Separation is effective on date of death.
- Appointing unit should coordinate separation action in OPUS with the Benefits office.