Skip navigation - Jump to main content
Clinical Instructor, salaried
- Title: Clinical Instructor, salaried
- Job Class Code: 0168
- Service Period: 12 months
- Limitations on Appointment: Should receive 50% or more funding for 6 months or more to be considered for Clinical salaried appointment.
- Length of Appointment: Annual appointment, with indefinite reappointments
- Eligible for tenure: No
- Voting rights: No
- Earn Types allowed: REG, WOS, C/A, LWO, E/C, S/L, TPS, ADS
- Salary Requirements: Must meet University minimum
- Full-time/Part-time: Both
- Promotable Title: Yes
- National Search Required: No
- Required Approvals: AHR approval not required prior to OPUS entry.
New Appointment Details
- Educational Requirements: Determined at School/College level
- A faculty vote is required for short term appointments. The unit faculty, by a majority vote, may delegate authority to the Chair/Director to make short term appointments without a full faculty vote.
- Documentation required
- Original Dean/Chancellor's letter to President recommending appointment should include:
- start date and service period
- Original Chair/Director's letter to Dean/Chancellor recommending appointment should include:
- Original offer letter
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae
- UW biography form, signed
- Visa documents, if applicable
- Promotes to Clinical Assistant Professor - Salaried
- Reviewed annually, AHR receives copy of letter.
- Emeritus Eligibility: Not eligible for emeritus status
- Separation action needs to be entered in OPUS.