Skip navigation - Jump to main content
Clinical Assistant Professor - Dental Pathway
- Title: Clinical Assistant Professor-Dental Pathway
- Job Class Code: 0139
- Service Period: 12 months
- Limitations on Appointment: For use by School of Dentistry only.
- Length of Appointment: The initial appointment is for a three-year term. In the second year, a decision is made concerning renewal of the appointment for a second three-year term. In the sixth year of appointment, the review for promotion to the Associate Professor level takes place.
- Eligible for tenure: No
- Voting rights: No
- Earn Types: REG, WOS, LWO, E/C, S/L, TPS, ADS, DPP (School of Dentistry only)
- Salary Requirements: Must meet University minimum.
- Full-time/Part-time: Both
- Promotable: Yes
- Competitive Recruitment Required: Yes
New Appointment Details
- Educational Requirements: Determined at local level
- Documentation Required:
- Original Dean/Chancellor's letter to President recommending appointment should include:
- Start date and service period
- Original Chair/Director's letter to Dean/Chancellor recommending appointment should include:
- Original offer letter
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae
- UW biography form, signed
- Academic Human Resources Ad Approval Notice
- Copy of job advertisement
- Applicant Flow Confirmation Page
- Visa documents, if applicable
- Background check documents, if applicable
- Email approval from Academic Human Resources must be received by the hiring unit prior to entering the appointment in OPUS. This email approval must be included in the notes section of the PERM
- Promotoes to Clinical Associate Professor - Dental Pathway
- Mandatory review for promotion takes place in the 6th year of the appointment. Check with School of Dentistry for promotion process.
- Reviewed for reappointment in spring of 2nd year, AHR receives copy of letter.
- Emeritus Eligibility: No
- Separation action needs to be entered in OPUS.