A good reason a business should hire a person with a disability is because the individual is a good match for a specific business need. In an article called Employing, Serving All Equitably: The Nordstrom Way, the author points out, "You may not have the very best person in the job if you didn't recruit any disabled job candidates."
Other advantages to hiring a person with a disability may include:
- insights into how to serve customers with disabilities.
- greater diversity at the work site so that a wide variety of perspectives are utilized when solving problems.
- high productivity; consult Assisting the disabled: A good management decision .
- higher retention rate for workers.
- benefit to public, media and community relations.
- tax incentives; for more information, visit Are there Tax Incentives for Hiring People with Disabilities? 
The DO-IT publication Finding Gold: Hiring the Best and the Brightest offers further information on this topic. For more information regarding possible financial incentives visit Financial Incentives for Hiring People with Disabilities.
-  Assisting the disabled: A good management decision
-  Are there Tax Incentives for Hiring People with Disabilities?