AccessComputing Partner: Electrical and Computer Engineering, Georgia Tech
Georgia Tech AccessComputing Team Members
Barbara Ericson is the Director of Computing Outreach for the College of Computing at Georgia Tech. She is working to increase the quantity and quality of secondary computing teachers and the quantity and diversity of computing students.
Mark Guzdial is a Professor in the School of Interactive Computing at Georgia Tech, and is the Director of "Georgia Computes!"
Ayanna Howard is a Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Georgia Tech. She is PI on the AroPability project, which focuses on engaging students with disabilities in robotics-based programming activities.
As a part of their participation in AccessComputing, the Electrical and Computer Engineering at Georgia Tech:
- has a representative on AccessComputing phone calls;
- participates in an AccessComputing Community of Practice;
- participated in an AccessComputing Capacity-Building Institute;
- will participate in some future training, Capacity-Building Institute, or other AccessComputing Activity;
- makes their department more accessible and more welcoming to students with disabilities;
- collects data about students with disabilities at their institution;
- works to improve accessibility of their website and publications;
- offers robotic programming workshops for students with visual impairments to learn more about computing;
- will offer robotic programming workshops for students with motor impairments to learn more about computing; and
- is organizing a Capacity-Building Institute for the Georgia Tech community.