AccessComputing Partner: Department of Computer Science, City University of New York
City University of New York (CUNY) AccessComputing Team Members
Matt Huenerfauth is an assistant professor of computer science and linguistics at CUNY, and his research is in the area of accessibility and assistive technology, with a focus on the generation of linguistically accurate and understandable animations of American Sign Language. His NSF-funded research projects include summer research internship opportunities for high school and undergraduate students who are deaf.
As a part of their participation in AccessComputing, the Department of Computer Science at CUNY:
- has a representative on AccessComputing phone calls;
- participates in an AccessComputing Community of Practice;
- will participate in some future training, Capacity-Building Institute, or other AccessComputing Activity;
- makes their department more accessible and more welcoming to students with disabilities;
- collects data about students with disabilities at their institution;
- works to improve accessibility of their website and publications; and
- plans to host interns funded by AccessComputing.