AccessComputing Partner: School of Computer Science, Carnegie Mellon University
Carnegie Mellon University (CMU) AccessComputing Team Members
Carol Frieze is the Director of Women@SCS in the School of Computer Science at CMU. Her research interests include the culture of computing, broadening participation in computing fields, diversity issues, gender myths and stereotypes.
Mary Widom is an administrator at CMU's School of Computer Science. She works with the Women@SCS Program and manages Andrew's Leap, a seven-week summer program for high school students interested in math and computer science at CMU.
As a part of their participation in AccessComputing, the School of Computer Science at CMU:
- has a representative on AccessComputing phone calls;
- participates in an AccessComputing Community of Practice;
- participated in an AccessComputing Capacity-Building Institute;
- will participate in some future training, Capacity-Building Institute, or other AccessComputing Activity;
- makes their department more accessible and more welcoming to students with disabilities;
- collects data about students with disabilities at their institution;
- works to improve accessibility of their website and publications;
- plans to partner with and support other AccessComputing partners; and
- is working to increase the representation of individuals with disability in presentations on careers in computing.