Computer-Using Educators, Inc. (CUE), formerly the Technology in Education International Conference and Exposition (TechEd), employs the promising practice of including a presentation strand dedicated to the topic of technology and people with disabilities. Titles of talks in the strand have included:
- Handheld Computing Revolutionizing Information Access for The Blind
- Creating Independence for the Low Vision Student through High-Tech Solutions
- Accommodating Students by Creating an Inclusive Environment Using Technology
- Guidelines for Adopting Accessible Information Technology in Schools
- Alternate Media for Individuals with Disabilities
Held annually in California, CUE attracts approximately 4,000 people from all over the world in every level of education. By including a strand on people with disabilities and technology, CUE sends a strong message that disability-related access issues should be a routine consideration in the deployment, development, and use of all information technology in schools.