Henry Kautz is Chair of the Department of Computer Science and Director of the Rochester Big Data Initiative at the University of Rochester. He performs research in artificial intelligence, pervasive computing, and assistive technology.
As a part of their participation in AccessComputing, the Department of Computer Science at University of Rochester:
- has a representative on AccessComputing phone calls;
- participates in an AccessComputing Community of Practice;
- participated in an AccessComputing Capacity-Building Institute;
- will participate in some future training, Capacity-Building Institute, or other AccessComputing Activity;
- makes their department more accessible and more welcoming to students with disabilities;
- collects data about students with disabilities at their institution;
- works to improve accessibility of their website and publications;
- has hosted interns funded by AccessComputing; and
- is working to build awareness among faculty of resources on campus for students with disabilities.
Bryan Harrison is a graduate student in the Psychology Department at the University of Rochester where he studies how autism can inform one's understanding of social cognition by looking at the role of gesture during spoken communication.
Erin Brady is a graduate student in the Computer Science Department at the University of Rochester where she works with Jeff Bigham in the Human-Computer Interaction group.