Tom Yeh is an assistant professor in the Computer Science Department at the University of Colorado Boulder (CU). His research is at the intersection of human computer interaction and computer vision. He leads the tactile picture books project that aims to digitalize tactile picture books and make them easier to reproduce, share, and adapt for young children with visual impairment.
As a part of their participation in AccessComputing, the Department of Computer Science, University of Colorado Boulder:
- has a representative on AccessComputing phone calls;
- participates in an AccessComputing Community of Practice;
- will participate in some future training, Capacity-Building Institute, or other AccessComputing Activity;
- makes their department more accessible and more welcoming to students with disabilities;
- collects data about students with disabilities at their institution; and
- plans to organize a workshop to teach computer science during the summer youth programs at the Colorado Center for the Blind.
Shaun Kane is an assistant professor in the Information Systems Department at UMBC. His research examines technologies that automatically adapt to existing human behaviors based on unobtrusive detection of human actions.