As a part of their participation in AccessComputing, the Department of Information Technology at Old Dominion University:
- has a representative on AccessComputingphone calls;
- participates in an AccessComputing Community of Practice;
- will participate in an AccessComputing Capacity-Building Institute;
- makes their department more accessible and more welcoming to students with disabilities;
- will host a computer science or information technology presentation by a person with a disability;
- collects data about students with disabilities at their institution;
- works to improve accessibility of their website and publications;
- will host interns funded by AccessComputing; and
- disseminates information and promising practices that aid in recruiting and supporting students with disabilities on their campus.
Old Dominion University AccessComputing Team Members
Dr. Larisa Bulysheva recently joined the IT&DS Department at ODU to teach Information Technology courses. She has been teaching graduate and undergraduate courses for sixteen years. She has significant experience in teaching students with disabilities, aiming to change one life at a time. As a result, some of her students with disabilities have been accepted to top graduate schools.
Wu He is an Assistant Professor of Information Technology at Old Dominion University. He is working to broaden participation for students with learning disabilities in computing. He is interested in ways to engage students with learning disabilities and help them develop computational thinking capabilities more effectively.