As a part of their participation in AccessComputing, the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science at Gallaudet University:
- has a representative on AccessComputing phone calls;
- participates in an AccessComputing Community of Practice;
- participated in an AccessComputing Capacity-Building Institute;
- will participate in some future training, Capacity-Building Institute, or other AccessComputing Activity;
- makes their department more accessible and more welcoming to students with disabilities;
- collects data about students with disabilities at their institution;
- works to improve accessibility of their website and publications; and
- will partner with RIT on holding video-conferences for students with hearing impairments in computer science.
Gallaudet University AccessComputing Team Members
James Nickerson is professor and chair of the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science at Gallaudet University.
Karen Alkoby is an assistant professor of Information Technology at Gallaudet University, and her research interests use technology to create and explore visual simulations of ASL.